Welcome to Our B&B
Set in the Picturesque Southern Cape, between Knysna and George in whats called the Wilderness “Garden Route”. The popular means of holidaying in this area is in hospitable B&B’s.
Beautiful Garden Route
The best way to get to the Garden Route in South Africa is to fly into George Airport, accessible from all the main international Airports in South Africa.
Southern Cape Coast
Once staying in George in this quiet and tranquil B&B you can relax by the pool side, have a Braai (Barbecue) or use it as a base camp to do day excursions to many of the beautiful tourist spots around the area.
Located in argubally the best part of the Cape
Take your pick from some of the finest golf courses in the world. George golf club, famous for Ernie Els private training, is only 10 minutes walk from Arbour Lodge. In just 5 min walking distance is the local George Town centre but very close you can also find:-
- Many Local Restaurants
- Park & forest walks
- George golf course
- Golfing trips can be arranged
- Beaches a short drive away
- Guided tours to nearby towns
- Whale watching – best from July to November
Close to all Amenities
Bill & Marion Ashmole are your hosts and organisers for business or holiday activity recommendations within this beautiful area.
- Ideas and advice on holidays in and around the Cape Region of South Africa.
- Even if you are looking for advice for travel around the country and recommendations where to stay.
- Highlights and “off-the-beaten-track” advice.
- Advice or arranging of personal drive tour holidays.
- Bookings in some of the best B&B’s in the George area.
- Knowledge of the best viewing sites in the area.
- Arranging and booking of golf courses in the area.
- Personal attention and travel arrangements for your Holiday in South Africa.
- There is no where in the world where one can experience and explore such diversity and beauty as that, in the heart, where the pulse of Natures Garden Route beats. This is located along the South Coast between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.
You get everything from Sun soaked beaches to Wine Tasting vineyards, Ostrich farms, Forest walks or mountain biking, Game viewing, some of the best Golf courses, whale viewing or just plain old relaxing or eating at fabulous Restaurants.
Nearby Arbour Lodge there are Bowls Club and other sporting facilities eg. tennis, Rugby Stadium less than 10 minutes walking distance for those with sporting interests.
The following day trips can all be explored from George:— Knysna, Plettenberg Bay , Natures Valley and Storms river mouth between 45 minutes and one and a half hours drive. The Little Karoo, full of interest and diversity, can also be explored and thoroughly enjoyed on day trips from this base.
Holidays or Business
Looking to relax, play and swim by the pool or need a comfortable place to rest up before business. This is the place for you.
Bill and Marion Ashmole are looking to retire and want someone to take over this going concern. Interested parties please reach out.
What Our Customers have Said
“Rooms were very comfortable, I use the B&B for regular business trips to George. The hosts are very accommodating especially to arrangements for my often late arrivals. Will book again soon.”Roger Hayes
“Had a fantastic long weekend. Bill & Marion great hosts and they helped us see as much or the surrounding area and places with lots of useful information. Thank you both.”Jilly & Ed Blockhurst
“Popped in to this B&B last minute as needed somewhere to stay short notice, great to see such a wonderful homely but private B&B. Loved the poll area, Will definitely book there again.”Graham & Sue Pike
“Nice and comfortable, private rooms but easy access to the pool and the Braai area. So much to do in and around the George area and easy access to the rest of the Garden Route from there.”Sarah & Craig